This MS-102 Administrator Essentials Training course covers the following key elements of Microsoft 365 administration: Microsoft 365 tenant management, Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, and Microsoft 365 security and compliance.
In Microsoft 365 tenant management, you learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, security groups, and administrative roles. You then transition to configuring Microsoft 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity. Finally, you explore how to manage user-driven client installations of Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise deployments.
The course then transitions to an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, with a focus on Azure Active Directory Connect and Connect Cloud Sync. You learn how to plan for and implement each of these directory synchronization options, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multifactor authentication and self-service password management.
In Microsoft 365 security management, you begin examining the common types of threat vectors and data breaches facing organizations today. You then learn how Microsoft 365’s security solutions address each of these threats. You are introduced to the Microsoft Secure Score, as well as to Azure Active Directory Identity Protection. You then learn how to manage the Microsoft 365 security services, including Exchange Online Protection, Safe Attachments, and Safe Links. Finally, you are introduced to the various reports that monitor an organization’s security health. You then transition from security services to threat intelligence; specifically, using Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
Once you have this understanding of Microsoft 365’s security suite, you then examine the key components of Microsoft 365 compliance management. This begins with an overview of all key aspects of data governance, including data archiving and retention, Microsoft Purview message encryption, and data loss prevention (DLP). You then delve deeper into archiving and retention, paying particular attention to Microsoft Purview insider risk management, information barriers, and DLP policies. You then examine how to implement these compliance features by using data classification and sensitivity labels.
Administrator Essentials Training Delivery Methods
Administrator Essentials Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Configure Microsoft 365 tenant profiles, subscription options, component services, user accounts, licenses, security groups, and administrative roles.
- Manage client installations of Microsoft 365 Apps.
- Implement and manage Microsoft 365 identity synchronization.
- Manage Microsoft 365 security services, including managing services like Exchange Online Protection, Safe Attachments, and Safe Links.
- Get acquainted with Microsoft Secure Score, Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, and various reports that monitor an organization's security health.
- Use Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Manage and monitor tenant health and services in Microsoft 365.
- Use Microsoft 365 Adoption Score and Microsoft 365 usage analytics, and develop an incident response plan.
- Explore Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise functionality, assessing app compatibility, overseeing self-service installation, and managing updates using the Microsoft 365 Apps admin center.
- Analyze Microsoft 365 workplace data using Microsoft Viva Insights and create custom analysis.
- Manage user passwords in Microsoft 365.
- Enable pass-through authentication and multi-factor authentication,
- Implement Azure AD Smart Lockout and conditional access policies, and run an access review.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Attend MD-102: Microsoft 365 Endpoint Administrator – or equivalent experience and knowledge.
This course can help you prepare for the following Microsoft role-based certification exam — MS-102: Microsoft 365 Administrator.
Candidates for this exam are Microsoft 365 administrators who deploy and manage Microsoft 365. They perform Microsoft 365 tenant-level implementation and administration of cloud and hybrid environments.