Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
Delivered when, where, and how you want it
Blended learning models
Expert team coaching
Project Simulation Workshop
- Duration: 2 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
The "Project Management Simulation Workshop" is a two-day capstone course that builds upon the foundational knowledge and case study used throughout the Modern Project Management Program curriculum. This capstone workshop places a strong emphasis on the execution phase of projects, providing practical experience in handling real-world scenarios.
A supporting case study serves as the backdrop for workshop activities, enhancing the understanding of real-world project challenges and strategic decision-making. This workshop is designed to bridge theory and practice, equipping participants with the skills needed to navigate complex project scenarios effectively.
This course is part of the Modern Project Management Professional Certificate Program. Learn more about the program here.
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility.
Team training is available online and in-person.
Project Simulation Workshop Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Apply project management concepts in real-world scenarios.
- Solve complex project challenges through practical execution.
- Enhance problem-solving skills in leadership, scope, and resource issues.
- Dedicated program advisor to guide your team through the certificate program
- After-course instructor coaching included
- Assessment pre- and post-program
- Earn a Learning Tree certificate upon successful completion of the program
None and no necessary preparation required.
Project Simulation Workshop Outline
Teams will continue to work on and elaborate on the project artifacts developed in the previous courses. The focus will be on the integration of the project deliverables between the traditional and Agile frameworks being used.
Teams will also work on the development and finalization of the governance of the project.
Next, the teams will focus on the execution of the traditional project plan and the running of sprints to develop the product backlog items.
Teams will be given a variety of scenarios to work on. Each team will develop a problem statement, impact statement, and recommendation on how to deal with each problem.
Problems will include (draft scenarios follow):
- Leadership changing scope and project deliverables.
- Resource constraints and changes.
- Problems with leadership understanding their roles and responsibilities as Sponsor and Product Owner.
- Motivation and leadership issues with project teams and development teams
- Vendor and contractor issues.
- Disruption with project delivery and resetting baselines and restarting project sprints.
This section will look at lessons learned.
- Team and individual learnings
- Identification of next steps to drive training into the organization
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Project Simulation Workshop FAQs
This certificate program is designed to give professionals a deep understanding of the foundational skills project managers (and those managing people or projects) need to take the next step.
From courses such as Agile Methodology and Project Leadership to Business Acumen & Strategy, this action-based hybrid program provides the theory and tools for modern project management, real-world practice, and a collaborative learning model that ensures deep understanding. Learn more here.
Graduates of the Modern Project Manager Professional Certificate Program will earn a Learning Tree Modern Project Manager Certificate and gain all the fundamental knowledge and experience to begin or continue a successful career as a manager of projects and people. They will learn how to:
- Plan and manage projects.
- Ensure clear communication.
- Understand and apply Agile and Kanban approaches.
- Visualize workflows.
- Plan, strategize and manage schedules.
- Manage conflict and stakeholders.
- Lead a team with confidence.
- Evaluate and deliver project benefits and value.
- Support organizational initiatives.
- Individuals who are new to project management or who have managed some projects and are looking for a lightweight PM methodology that emphasizes successful project execution.
- PMP, PRINCE2, or CAPM certification holders whose PM knowledge is theoretical nature and are looking for a PM approach that is easy to apply on the job.