This SecDevOps Practitioner® (SDOP) Certification Training follows the SecDevOps foundational practice in Course 3695, SecDevOps Foundation® (SDOF) Certification Training. While the foundation course provides a basic understanding and outlines the roadmap for implementation, this practitioner-level class adds a range of techniques for a more comprehensive understanding of SecDevOps. This includes achieving optimum outcomes by designing the right pipeline architecture, creating an effective team, and establishing best-practice processes.
SDOP Certification Training Delivery Methods
SDOP Certification Training Information
In this SDOP Certification training, you will learn how to:
- Prepare for the DevOps Institute SecDevOps Practitioner Certification (SDOP) with the world’s first accredited SecDevOps Practitioner course.
- Establish SecDevOps maturity guidance for people processes and technology.
- Implement and optimize typical pipeline tools to achieve improved CI/CD/CC results.
- Gather effective metrics to streamline, verify, and tune pipeline operation.
- Follow architectural best practices, including immutable infrastructure and high observability.
- Leverage experimentation to achieve highly effective automated security protection.
- Improve team performance following the leadership-at-all-levels approach.
- Case studies, group collaborations, and practical hands-on exercises using typical pipeline tools are included.
- Receive official certification from the DevOps Institute (DOI).
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
SDOP Certification Training Prerequisites
SecDevOps Foundational certification (SDOF) is expected, or alternatively DevOps Foundational certification or DevSecOps Foundational certification. Related courses include:
Prospective attendees can confirm their prerequisite knowledge by taking the pre-course skills assessment (which takes approximately 15 minutes).
SDOP Certification Exam Information
- For certification, successfully pass (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of forty multiple-choice.
- The certification and exam are governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.
- The exam is conducted online and is open book.
- A sample exam is provided to attendees at the end of the class.
- A complimentary voucher to take the exam is provided by Learning Tree International.
SDOP Certification Training Outline
- Know where you are so you can start from where you are
- What level are your people, processes, and pipelines
Collaboration: Guidance metrics for people and process
Hands-On: Executing and debugging the case-study pipeline
- Improve feedback to understand what is most important
Hands-On: Reviewing metrics from the case-study pipeline
Collaboration: What 2nd metrics are missing?
- Metric isolation and accuracy for incremental experimentation
Collaboration: Third-way considerations
Hands-On: Implementing a third-way spike
- Planning and architectural structure best practices
- What does security first actually mean?
Collaboration: What architecture do we have/should we have?
Hands-On: Architecture and security improvements to case study pipeline
Collaboration: Observing functional and security outcomes
- Lessons from Site Reliability Engineering
Collaboration: Aiding resilience for SRE
- Examining immutability for deployment
- High observability strategies for availability and security
Hands-On: Immutable deployment and high observability
- Before and after development (acquisition and disposal)
Collaboration: Is such-and-such a tool safe?
- Ongoing best practices and analysis of outcomes
Collaboration: Personal Action Planning