This DevOps Foundation® (DOFD) Certification training introduces DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT (Information Technology) operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy, and operate software and services faster. Likewise, improving the ability of IT to produce software faster improves the ability of the business to deliver value to customers faster.
The course includes an extensive collection of basic DevOps terms and concepts and highlights all aspects of DevOps (people, processes, and technology). In addition, it addresses the organizational change aspects of adopting a DevOps culture. Finally, the training reinforces learning through practical hands-on assignments.
DevOps Foundation Training Delivery Methods
DOFD Certification Training Information
In this DevOps foundation course, you will learn how to:
- Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the benefits to business and IT.
- Explore principles and practices, including CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), testing, security, and the Three Ways.
- Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean, and ITSM.
- Optimize improved workflows, communication, and feedback loops.
- Identify automation practices, including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains.
- Understand critical success factors and key performance indicators.
- Use real-world examples to understand the ROI of the DevOps initiative.
- Identify how best to scale DevOps for the enterprise.
- Achieve the DevOps Institute Foundation Certification.
- Participate in unique activities designed to apply training.
- Take sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques with your post-training.
- Access to DevOps Institute additional sources of information and communities.
- Use Real-Life case studies weaved throughout the course.
DOFD Certification Training Prerequisites
Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities.
DOFD Certification Information
The exam is:
- Taken in class and is included in the course tuition.
- The duration is 60 minutes.
- Open book.
- Kryterion Global Testing Solutions administers DOI exams.
- Sample Paper and Exams are based on Foundation v3.10
To maintain the certification's value and integrity, all candidates must attend approved DOI (DevOps Institute) classes through one of the DOI REPs (Registered Education Providers) to be eligible to sit the exam.
DevOps Foundation Training Outline
- Definition, Goals, and Stakeholders
- Why Now?
- What’s driving the Business and IT
- Recent findings
- The Golden Circle-Business ‘Why’
- Business Value of DevOps
- Cultural and Technical Challenges
- Can IT be Bi-modal?
- The Three Ways (Phoenix Project)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Agile Service Management
- Value Stream Mapping
- Improvement Kata
- What is Culture?
- Cultural Debt
- Managing Culture Change
- Managing Conflict
- Enablers, Benefits, Terms and First Steps for Getting Started
- DevOps Toolchains
- Deployment Pipeline
- DevOps Metrics
- Organizational Considerations
- DevOps Teams
- Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors