This hands-on Excel data analysis course will expand your ability to analyze large amounts of data and professionally present your results. Gain the knowledge and skills to build more sophisticated spreadsheets, perform What-If analyses, apply functions, manipulate PivotTables, and use the advanced features of Excel to make and present better business decisions.
In this excel data analysis course, you use advanced Excel techniques to build sophisticated spreadsheets. You learn to perform "What-If" analyses, leverage features and apply functions, manipulate PivotTables to analyze large amounts of data, and present your results to make better business decisions for planning and budgeting. You also learn how to automate processes and enhance worksheet models.
Excel Data Analysis Course Delivery Methods
Excel Data Analysis Course Information
In this Excel Data Analysis course, you will learn to:
- Leverage features of Microsoft Excel to facilitate business decisions.
- Develop intelligent worksheets to identify KPIs quickly.
- Perform "What-If" analyses for developing budget and project plans.
- Summarize and analyze large amounts of data using PivotTables and Excel features.
- Automate Excel processes.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
Excel Data Analysis Course Prerequisites
You should have experience with Excel fundamentals at the level of Microsoft Excel Training Course.
Excel Data Analysis Instructor-Led Course Outline
- Deciphering and correcting functions for data integrity
- Accurately interpreting calculations
- Implementing Names to enhance your workbook model
- Monitoring KPIs (key performance indicators) using conditional formatting
Summarizing business data with functions
- Identifying the correct statistical function to aid analysis
- Applying basic financial functions
- Differentiating serial dates and date presentations
- Calculating the number of working days
Controlling calculations and nested formulas
- Interpreting data variations with the IF function
- Streamlining calculations with referencing
- Developing nested functions for multiple conditions
- Capturing information with lookup functions
- Applying techniques to implement and troubleshoot nested calculations
Planning for contingencies
- Managing variables in worksheets with Scenarios
- Comparing and contrasting different data sets with Scenarios reports
Quantifying variables in a workbook model
- Determining the magnitude of a variable with Goal Seek to achieve an end value
- Calculating the optimum variable values in a worksheet model with Solver
Organizing workbooks and links
- Arranging multiple workbooks with Workspaces
- Managing external links
- Building 3D formulas to analyze worksheet data
- Summarizing multiple sources of Excel information into one worksheet
Distilling data sets for data analysis
- Defining the architecture of an Excel data set
- Managing multiple data sets on a single worksheet with the Table feature
- Extracting unique lists of records from an Excel data set with the Advanced Filter
- Analyzing data sets with filters and aggregation
Interpreting and refining data with PivotTables
- Defining data summaries interactively
- Summarizing data sets with grouping and aggregation
- Comparing related totals dynamically
Visualizing and exploring PivotTable reports
- Filtering details with Report Filters and Slicers
- Presenting PivotTable reports effectively with Pivot Charts
- Examining data patterns with Sparklines
Automating repetitive tasks
- Simplifying complex tasks and reducing errors
- Bulletproofing routine editing and formatting
- Invoking macros with Form controls