"Scrum is simple, but Scrum is hard."
The purpose of the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster certification is to grow experienced Scrum Masters to a higher level of effectiveness.
This A-CSM certification training program is designed to help move beyond using Scrum merely as a process and address the most common issues that arise in an Agile environment.
In this interactive workshop, participants will acquire tools and knowledge in the principles of Agile facilitation, coaching fundamentals, self-organization, service to the team, resolving impediments, scaling scrum, organizational change, and servant leadership.
This A-CSM certification is the second certification in a path of the following three Scrum Alliance certifications - CSM > A-CSM > Certified Scrum Professional CSP-SM
A-CSM Certification Training Delivery Methods
A-CSM Certification Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Apply the underlying theory that links Agile principles and Scrum mechanics.
- Overcome the impediments that impede agility.
- Serve the Development Team, the Product Owner, and the Organization.
- Recognize organizational elements that impact Agile maturity.
- To participate in the A-CSM event, you must already hold the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) credential with the Scrum Alliance.
- To qualify for the A-CSM designation, you must attend this event and also demonstrate 12 months of collective experience using agile methods.
- Taking an Advanced CSM course, meeting the 7 learning objectives, and accepting the license agreement designates you as an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster. There is no exam.
- The Certified Scrum Trainer, leading your class, will register your attendance with the Scrum Alliance, after which you will receive an email from them with your certification.
- This program is the next step towards achieving the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification, recognizing your professional experience and deep education in agile methods.
A-CSM Certification Training Outline
Agile and Lean values, principles, and worldview
- Leveraging other Agile frameworks, and how they related to Scrum
- Practical experience rectifying common pitfalls
Empirical process control
- Function of inspect-and-adapt in each meeting
- Triage situations when transparency, inspection, and adaption need improvement
- See the linkage between the mechanics of Scrum and the underlying theory of Empirical Process Control
- Overcoming challenges of integrating multiples frames of reference
- Understanding when not to act as the facilitator, and let a group self-organize
- Planning collaborative meetings
- Demonstrate facilitation of a meeting, opening
- Integrating different perspectives
- Coming to a group decision
- Understanding the ScrumMaster’s many “stances”
- Gain a basic toolkit of coaching techniques
- Identify the common issues the undermine Self-Organization
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organizational Change
- Personal Development
- Servant Leadership
A-CSM Certification Training On-Demand Information
Progress at your own pace – all you need is an hour a week. People want to know more about Scrum and Agile, but they simply do not have time to spend eight hours (or more!) in a classroom. With this program, all you need are a few spare hours a week to complete one or more topics. This A-CSM program is comprised of eighteen on-line courses which include short lectures, engaging exercises and useful step-by-step techniques to test out with your team.
Each month, you can dial in to one or more Coaching Circles with your CST and other students, to check progress, share ideas, answer questions, and offer encouragement. With our program, you will feel like you are doing your A-CSM journey within a team even though it is an online program.
- Attend at least four instructor-led coaching circles (you are welcome to attend more of course!).
- Complete all the on-line modules, quizzes and assignments.
- Bring a positive attitude and desire to make a real impact along with your team.
We welcome everybody to start the program, however you will need to meet certain criteria to receive your A-CSM certification:
- A current Certified ScrumMaster® certification from the Scrum Alliance®.
- 12 or more months of experience as a ScrumMaster within the last 5 years.
- Subjects covered along the path to becoming A-CSM
- Scaling Scrum and other Agile processes
- Fundamentals of Agile Coaching
- Extreme Programming
- No more bad meetings!
- Facilitative Listening I & II
- Inclusive Solutions
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Rapid Vision Generation
- Getting to Done
- Servant Leadership
- Understanding Yourself as a ScrumMaster
- Living the Spirit of Scrum