In Class & Live, Online Training
Cloud Computing Essentials Course Information
Cloud Computing Basics Course Description
This introduction to cloud computing course includes 17 hours of Instructor-Led Training (ILT) or Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) presented by a real-world cloud computing expert instructor.
- Working knowledge of Internet technologies, Microsoft Windows and Web applications Programming experience
- A background with cloud computing is not required
- This course helps you prepare for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Cloud Computing Certification Exam
- The course has been reviewed and approved as CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC)
- AWS and Google Applications are provided for your use during the course
Industry Credits & Certification
This course offers you the opportunity to earn the following industry credits and certifications
Cloud Computing Essentials Course Outline
Introduction to Cloud Computing
Defining cloud computing
- Components of a computing cloud
- Differentiating types of clouds: public, private and hybrid
Delivering services from the cloud
- Categorizing service types
- Comparing vendor cloud products: Amazon, Google, Microsoft and others
Adopting the Cloud
Key drivers of cloud computing solutions
- Instantaneous provisioning of computing resources
- Tapping into an infinite storage capacity
- Cost-effective pay-as-you-use billing models
Evaluating barriers to cloud computing
- Handling sensitive data
- Aspects of cloud security
- Assessing governance solutions
Exploiting Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Streamlining administration with centralized installation
- Optimizing cost and performance with scale on demand
Comparing service scenarios
- Improving collaboration with business productivity tools
- Simplifying business process creation by integrating existing components
Inspecting SaaS technologies
- Deploying web applications
- Implementing web services: SOAP and REST
- Choosing a development platform
Delivering Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Exploring the technical foundation for PaaS
- Specifying the components of PaaS
- Analyzing vendor PaaS provisions
- Selecting an appropriate implementation
Building services with solution stacks
- Evaluating the architecture of vendor-specific platforms
- Becoming familiar with service platform tools
Managing cloud storage
- Controlling unstructured data in the cloud
- Deploying relational databases in the cloud
- Improving data availability
Employing support services
- Testing in the cloud
- Monitoring cloud-based services
- Analyzing portability across platforms
Deploying Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Scalable server clusters
- Achieving transparency with platform virtualization
- Elastic storage devices
- Provisioning servers on demand
- Handling dynamic and static IP addresses
- Tools and support for management and monitoring
Deploying a Private Cloud
- Leveraging an existing infrastructure
- Comparing OpenStack and Eucalyptus
- Managing resources across teams and departments
- Integrating with public clouds
Building a Business Case
Calculating the financial implications
- Comparing in-house facilities to the cloud
- Estimating economic factors downstream
Preserving business continuity
- Selecting appropriate service-level agreements
- Safeguarding access to assets in the cloud
- Security, availability and disaster recovery strategies
Migrating to the cloud
- Rearchitecting applications for the cloud
- Integrating the cloud with existing applications
- Selecting a vendor and avoiding vendor lock-in
Cloud Computing Essentials Training FAQs
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a means of storing and accessing data using a network of remote servers hosting over the internet. Many organizations employ a hybrid cloud, meaning they use traditional on-premises data storage alongside private, third-party or public cloud services.
Does this course help prepare me for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification?
Yes, this course has been reviewed and approved as CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC). This means that the content of this course meets high quality standards and aligns with the CompTIA exam topics. Learning Tree is a CompTIA Authorized Training Provider Partner.
I am from a non-technical background. Will I benefit from the course?
Yes! The course presents the business advantages of the cloud and also the technical benefits it can provide. The technical discussions are at a level that attendees with a business background can understand and apply. Where technical knowledge is required, sufficient guidance for all backgrounds is provided to enable activities to be completed and the learning objectives achieved.
Can I take this cloud computing course online?
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available in class and online.
How do I get credit for my CompTIA CEUs?
Log into your CompTIA account and submit your CEUs through their continuing education portals.