- 5-day instructor-led training course
Course taught by VMWare instructors
VMware Troubleshooting Training
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
This five-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 7.x environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphere® Client™, log files, and other tools to analyze and solve problems.
VMware Troubleshooting Training Delivery Methods
VMware Troubleshooting Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Introduce troubleshooting principles and procedures.
- Use command-line interfaces, log files, and the vSphere Client to diagnose and resolve problems in the vSphere environment.
- Describe the benefits and capabilities of VMware Skyline.
- Explain the purpose of key vSphere log files.
- Identify networking problems based on reported symptoms, validate, and troubleshoot the reported
- problem, identify the root cause, and implement the appropriate resolution.
- Analyze storage failure scenarios using a logical troubleshooting methodology, identify the root cause, and apply the appropriate resolution to resolve the problem.
- Troubleshoot vSphere cluster failure scenarios and analyze possible causes.
- Diagnose common VMware vSphere® High Availability problems and provide solutions.
- Identify and validate VMware ESXi™ host and VMware vCenter Server® problems, analyze failure
- scenarios, and select the correct resolution.
- Troubleshoot virtual machine problems, including migration problems, snapshot problems, and connection problems.
- Troubleshoot performance problems with vSphere components.
This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.x] or [V7]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] or [V7]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.x] or [V7]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Experience in working with a command-line interface is highly recommended
This training will prepare you for the VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) certification.
This training is also recommended if you aim to achieve the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCAP-DCV) Deploy certification.
VMware vSphere Troubleshooting Training Outline
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Use command-line tools (such as ESXCLI) to identify and troubleshoot vSphere problems
- Identify important vSphere log files and interpret the log file contents
- Describe the benefits and capabilities of VMware Skyline
- Explain how VMware Skyline works
- Identify uses for Skyline Advisor
- Analyze and resolve standard switch and distributed switch problems
- Analyze virtual machine connectivity problems and fix them
- Examine common management network connectivity problems and restore configurations
- Troubleshoot and resolve storage (iSCSI, NFS, and VMware vSphere® VMFS) connectivity and configuration problems
- Analyze and resolve common VM snapshot problems
- Identify and resolve multipathing-related problems, including common causes of permanent device loss (PDL) and all paths down (APD) event problems
- Identify and recover from problems related to vSphere HA
- Analyze and resolve VMware vSphere® vMotion® configuration and operational problems
- Analyze and resolve common VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ problems
- Identify, analyze, and solve virtual machine snapshot problems
- Troubleshoot virtual machine power-on problems
- Identify possible causes and troubleshoot virtual machine connection state problems
- Diagnose and recover from VMware Tools™ installation failures
- Analyze and fix problems with vCenter Server services
- Diagnose and troubleshoot vCenter Server database problems
- Examine ESXi host and vCenter Server failure scenarios and resolve the problems
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
VMware Troubleshooting Training FAQs
- System administrators
- System integrators
The course is five days long and is offered in both in-person and online formats.
Yes, this training will prepare you for the VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) certification. It is also recommended if you aim to achieve the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCAP-DCV) Deploy certification.