The beginner-level Power BI for Business Users course will give you all the skills you need to jump-start your Power BI journey as a Power BI Business User.
Power BI Business Users are required to interact with reports and dashboards, and many other objects created by Data Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts and Report Designers. This course will assist you in navigating through the Power BI Service and exploring how to Filter, Search, use Focus or Full-screen mode and interact with powerful AI Visuals, such as Question and Answer (Q&A). You will also be shown how to use the Power BI App, which connects directly to the Power BI Service. These are just a few of the benefits of attendance.
During the course, you will learn what Dashboards, Reports, Visuals and Apps are and how to navigate the Power BI Service, enabling you to interact with those objects. You will interact with visuals to display the results how you want to view them by Sorting, Filtering and utilizing the in-built drill-down functionality.
We will explore how to view visuals in Focus mode or Full-Screen mode, create a Data Alert, and work with Q&A using human-readable questions.
Course closure will include a Questions and Answers section describing how to access additional support, such as Coaching and Follow-Up sessions. The course will close with an Evaluation to enable you to provide targeted feedback.
Power BI for Business Users Delivery Methods
Private Team Training
Power BI for Business Users Training Information
In this course, you will learn:
- The basic concepts for Power BI Business Users
- What is the Power BI Service and how to interact with it
- To understand what a Power BI App is
- How to utilize Power BI Dashboards, Reports and Visuals to answer Business questions
- How to subscribe to dashboards or reports
- Set data alerts to notify you when a threshold is passed
- Use Q&A to ask questions using natural language
- How to interact with the Power BI Cell Phone/Mobile App
- Printing and exporting reports
There are no prerequisites for this course. It is a beginner’s level course and is aimed at non-technical business users. All accounts and licenses are provided, and there is no requirement to use your personal or corporate account.
Power BI for Business Users Training Outline
- The Power BI Business User
- Power BI License Types
- The Power BI Service Concepts
Demo: Logging into the Power BI Service
Do Now: Log into the Power BI Service
- Overview of the Power BI Cell Phone/Mobile App
- Navigating the Power BI Service
- Locating Content
- Viewing your Home page
- Understanding Workspaces
Exercise 2: Explore the Power BI Service
- Sorting data in a visual
- Using report filters
- Drill down and drill up in a visual
- Focus model and full-screen mode
- Asking questions with Q&A
Exercise 3: Working with Visuals
- Reports for Business Users
- Dashboards for Business Users
- Subscribing to Dashboards
- Setting a data alert
- Power BI Apps
Exercise 4: Explore Dashboards, Reports and Apps
- Questions and Answers
- Coaching and follow-up sessions