The Introducing Cisco Unified Computing System (DCIUCS) v1.0 is an introductory course that shows you how to deploy, secure, operate and maintain the Cisco Unified Computing system (Cisco UCS) B-Series blade server, Cisco UCS C-Series and S-Series rack servers, and Cisco HyperFlex product family, for use in data centers. You will gain hands-on practice on basic Cisco UCS server configuration and performing backup and restore activities.
Cisco Unified Computing System Training Delivery Methods
Cisco Unified Computing System Training Information
In this Cisco Unified Computing System Training, you will learn how to:
- Describe Cisco UCS server hardware.
- Describe Cisco UCS connectivity.
- Describe the Cisco HyperFlex Data Platform, its data writing and reading processes, and data optimization.
- Describe and configure Cisco UCS service profiles.
- Describe and configure Cisco UCS service profile templates.
- Describe and implement iSCSI on Cisco UCS.
- Describe and implement Cisco UCS firmware updates.
- Describe and implement Cisco UCS backups.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- General knowledge of servers
- Routing and switching
- Storage area networking
- Server virtualization
Cisco Unified Computing System Training Outline
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Cisco UCS S-Series Rack Servers
- Cisco Virtual Interface Cards
- Hyperconvergence Overview
- Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Servers
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect
- Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Cisco UCS C-Series Connectivity
- Cisco UCS S-Series Connectivity
- Cisco HyperFlex Connectivity Architecture
- Cisco HyperFlex Edge Connectivity
- Ethernet End-Host Mode Compared to Switching Mode
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect Uplink Pinning
- Cisco UCS C-Series Integration
- Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform Software
- Writing Data to Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
- Reading Data from Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
- Data Optimization in Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
- Portability Issue with Nonabstracted Identities
- Cisco UCS Service Profile
- Identity Pools
- Server Pools
- IP Pools
- Service Profile Templates
- iSCSI Addressing
- Evolution of SCSI from DAS to SAN
- iSCSI Multipathing
- Update Cisco UCS C-Series Server Firmware
- Download Tasks for the Infrastructure Image
- Download Tasks for Cisco UCS B-Series Firmware Packages
- Best Practices for Updating Firmware in Cisco UCS Manager
- Firmware Upgrades Using Auto Install
- Capability Catalog Updates
- Host Firmware Packages
- Driver Updates for Operating Systems and Hypervisors
- Compare Backup Options in Cisco UCS Manager
- Compare Two Import Types
- Policy Backup
- Explore Cisco UCS Manager GUI
- Configure Server and Uplink Ports
- Configure VLANs
- Configure Basic Identity Pools
- Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Pools
- Configure a Service Profile Template
- Configure an iSCSI Service Profile on Cisco UCS
- Perform Backup and Restore Activities