This Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) course is designed for system administrators who are intending to implement a cloud computing environment using Red Hat OpenStack® Platform. This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 and will teach students to install a proof-of-concept, configure, use, and maintain Red Hat OpenStack Platform. The focus will be managing OpenStack using the Horizon dashboard and the command-line interface and managing instances, leaving students with proof-of-concepts.
This Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) course is one of two courses needed to prepare for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210) and certification. Achieve this in-demand Red Hat certification and demonstrate you have the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to create, configure, and manage private clouds using Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat Enterprise Linux certification or equivalent experience
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) Training Delivery Methods
- Choose from live, in-person or online training
- Extensive hands-on labs for enhancing practical skills
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) Training Course Benefits
Launch an instanceManage projects, quotas, and usersManage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addressesCreate and manage block and object storage in the Openstack frameworkCustomize instances with cloud-initDeploy scalable stacksDeploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using PackStackInstall and configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using PackStack)Manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storageSet quotasConfigure images at instantiation
Red Hat OpenStack Administration CL110 Course Outline
- Introduce and review the course.
- Launch an instance and describe the OpenStack architecture and use cases.
- Manage projects,users, roles, and quotas.
- Describe the changes in technology and processes for cloud computing
- Manage Linux networks and bridges.
- Manage images, flavors, and private networks in preparation for launching an internal instance and launch and verify an internal instance.
- Manage ephemeral and persistent block storage.
- Manage external networks and security in preparation for launching an external instance and launch and verify an external instance.
- Customize an instance with cloud-init.
- Deploy a stack and configure autoscaling.
- Install an OpenStack proof of concept using Packstack.
- Review tasks in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I course.