2-day instructor-led training course
Instruction Provided by Certified SAFe Program Consultants
Certification exam voucher included
After-course coaching available
SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM Certification) Training
- Duration: 2 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
15 PMI PDUs
- Level: Intermediate
In this two-day SAFe® Scrum Master course, attendees gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework®) 6.0 enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise. It prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high-performing Agile teams by becoming servant leaders and coaches and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. In addition, the SAFe 6.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that attendees are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations implementing SAFe.
SSM Certification Course Delivery Methods
SAFe Scrum Master Training Information
Safe Scrum Master Course Benefits
- A SAFe Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Access to meetup groups and other events to connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- Includes 1-year Scaled Agile Membership (for first time attendees of SAFe courses)
- Exam included; Passing includes a certificate and digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Safe Scrum Master Course Prerequisites
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts at the level of Learning Tree Course 918, Agile Fundamentals Training
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Safe Scrum Master Certification Exam Information
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 73%
- Delivery: web-based, closed book, no outside assistance
- Access: Practice and certification exams are available in your Scaled Agile Community portal under the course you’re attending.
- Cost: Initial cost is included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Retake Fee: $50; $250 for SPCs
- Retake Policy: First retake may be taken immediately after the first failed attempt. Second retake may be taken 10 days after the first retake. Third retake may be taken 30 days after the second retake. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.
Safe Scrum Master Certification Course Outline
- Thrive in the digital age
- Describe SAFe as an operating system for Business Agility
- Explain the Seven Core Competencies of Business Agility
- Embrace the Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply Lean and Agile at scale with the SAFe Principles
- Form cross-functional Agile Teams
- Build quality in
- Organize Agile Release Trains (ARTs) around the flow of value
- Apply Customer Centricity with Design Thinking
- Prioritize the Program Backlog
- Participate in PI (Program Increment) Planning
- Develop on Cadence; Release on Demand
- Build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps
- Define a SAFe portfolio
- Connect the portfolio to the enterprise strategy
- Maintain the portfolio vision
- Establish portfolio flow
- Fund Value Streams
- Lead by example
- Lead the change
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Professional
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
SSM Certification FAQs
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who recently attended ScrumMaster training and need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Certification candidates and existing credential holders are responsible for reporting all Continuing Certification Requirements Program (CCR) activities to PMI (Project Management Institute). To report the completion of a Learning Tree course, you can use the Online PDU (Professional Development Units) Resources System.
- Go to the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System https://ccrs.pmi.org/
- Log in with your username and password
- Locate the claim code associated with your course in the table in this document
- Click on “Report PDU for this activity”
- Fill in the date started and date completed
- Click on the box agreeing that this claim is accurate and then submit
PDU Information for This Course:
- Total PDUs: 15
- Ways of Working PDUs: 12
- Power Skills PDUs: 2.25
- Business Acumen PDUs: 0.75
- PMI Claim Code: 4446CQX5MO
First-time attendees of SAFe courses get a 1-year Scaled Agile membership with course attendance. For attendees taking their second course or more, membership will not be extended as a result of taking another course. Once your membership expires, you will have a few options to renew your membership to maintain your active certifications. You can check out those options at the SAFe Membership FAQ.
Learners can access their learning plans and exams after the instructor has marked their attendance about halfway through their class. The steps are as follows:
- Login to the SAFe Community. If you do not remember your password, click the "Forgot Password" link to receive a reset email.
- Select Learn > My Learning from the tabs.
- Select "In Progress"
- Select the class that you are looking for. You may have multiple In Progress.
- The Exam is located at the bottom of the Learning Plan. You are required to complete all required items marked with red asterisks* before you can take the exam.