AgilePM Foundation Certification Course Information
- Familiarity with project work, either as a project manager or as another role on a project – this course is not designed to teach people how to be a project manager, it is in tended to provide an agile framework to those who already have some basic project experience.
- Familiarity with agile product development (for example, Scrum) – this course builds on product development experience to encompass the entire agile project lifecycle, not just development aspects.
- This course is accredited by APMG.
- There are a few hours of pre-course reading required.
- On Evenings 1 and 2 there will be some sample exam questions set as homework. It is important to set aside some time to complete this extra work – candidates who are able to complete both the pre-reading and the homework achieve significantly better exam results.
- The Foundation exam will be administered during class.
- Foundation exam: 40 minutes, 50 multiple-choice questions, passing score is 50%, closed book.
- APMG Exam no shows, or late cancels/reschedules will result in a £20 fee to the candidate directly from APMG.
Attendees who have successfully completed the exam are gifted 1-year membership with Agile Business Consortium. Individual Consortium membership offers the following benefits:
- Online webinars
- Member training days
- 20% discount on items in the Consortium’s web-ship, including general events such as the Agile Business Conference
- Latest templates
Eligible candidates will automatically receive an email invitation from The Consortium to active their membership.
AgilePM Foundation Certification Course Outline
Introduction to Agile Project Management
Establishing Agile Fundamentals
- Exploring the relationship between Agile, AgilePF and DSDM
- Integrating DSDM with best practice methods
- Outlining the eight principles that guide DSDM
Preparing for an Agile Project
- Analyzing the Project Approach Questionnaire (PAQ)
- Accepting the DSDM philosophy
- Identifying a successful team style
Building the Foundation for an Agile Project
Completing pre-project activities
- Completing pre-project activities
- Ensuring that the right projects are started and set up correctly
- Identifying important members of the team
- Planning the Feasibility Phase
Assessing project feasibility
- Confirming that a solution exists
- Creating an outline business case
- Defining the project organization structure
- Planning the Foundation Phase
Setting firm foundations for an Agile project
- Integrating business, solution and management perspectives
- Establishing a Priorities Requirements List (PRL)
- Defining project and solution standards
- Agreeing on roles and responsibilities
- Extending the outline business case
- Baselining a schedule of project activities
Evolving an Accurate Solution
Investigating and designing options
- Iteratively exploring detailed requirements and confirming viability
- Iteratively modeling solutions
- Refining the evolving solution to meet prioritized business needs
- Expanding and refining products
Incorporating DSDM project management techniques
- Timeboxing development cycles
- Controlling progress throughout the project
- Delivering a quality product to meet requirements
- Managing project risk
Releasing to the business
- Achieving acceptance from stakeholders
- Planning the release
- Transferring ownership to the business environment
- Migrating products into live use
- Training end users and completing documentation
Closing the project
- Confirming that the benefits can still be delivered
- Formally closing the project
- Evaluating the project to support continuous improvement
Conducting post-project activities
- Assessing whether the project benefits have been achieved
- Comparing the results of the projects to the original business case
Preparing for the exam
- Gaining insight into the exam process
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Practicing with sample test questions
Foundation Exam (Day 2)
- Completing the necessary APMG paperwork
- Taking the foundation exam
AgilePM Foundation Certification Training FAQs
When do I take the AgilePM Foundation exam?
The Foundation exam will be administered during class.