Preparing Modern Project Managers Who Can Deliver Success and Support Growth
Modern project managers are the lynchpins in the successful execution of an organization’s short- and long-term vision, and with 30% of project managers nearing retirement age, the need for skilled professionals is as great as ever. In order to ensure that project plans go smoothly and achieve their goals, today’s project managers need to be skilled and well-trained in the art of both project management and people management.
"Organizations that undervalue project management as a strategic competency report an average of 67 % more project failure." Source: PMI
Industry certifications – such as the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification and the popular Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification – are an important step in preparing you or your employees for modern and effective project management, but they’re just the beginning. Today’s project managers are not only expected to be certified in their field, but just as importantly to actively contribute to their organization’s bottom line and to the customer value – all while managing with little to no direct authority over those who are doing the work.
Modern project managers need to have:
- Strong understanding of project management approaches and techniques
- Solid business acumen
- Effective communication skills, and
- The ability to inspire and influence others to success
Learning Tree offers a robust suite of in-person, virtual, and hybrid modern project management solutions to help bring out the best in every project manager and ensure they are prepared to deliver exceptional business value, including:
- An expertly curated Modern Project Manager Program that guides and advises learners through the complete curriculum they need to be successful in today’s demanding environments (Coming Soon)
- More than 50 instructor-led project management-related courses, taught by modern real-world practitioners who are experienced in doing the job
- Pre- and post-skills assessments to identify learner strengths and weaknesses, and to track progress
- Exam prep training for today’s most in-demand project management certifications, including PMP, CAPM, and PRINCE2
- Turn-key cohort-based enterprise training programs that transform your high-potential employees into modern project managers efficiently and at scale
- Individual and group-based coaching to take the most ambitious and highest-potential project managers from good to great and from traditional to modern.
Our Project Management training courses and talent solutions are specifically designed for the needs of those who are interested in either the profession or the practice of project management. Whether you are interested in becoming a professional project manager or someone skilled in the core areas of effective project management, project management training and development is right for you.
- 760,000+ project management job openings on LinkedIn
- Average salary for project managers is more than $75,000
There are several ways to utilize Learning Tree offerings to become skilled in project management:
FOR INDIVIDUAL TRAINING:
- Certification courses, such as PMP Certification Training and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification Training
- Specific skills-based courses, including Building an Effective Case Training, Complex Project Management Training, and Introduction to Project Management Training
- Modern Project Manager Program, which provides a curated combination of in-person or virtual assessments, instructor-led courses, on-demand courses, case studies, personal coaching, capstone project, and a program certificate upon completion
Individuals may utilize organizational resources such as training budgets or tuition reimbursement for payment.
FOR ENTERPRISE-LEVEL TALENT SOLUTIONS:
Certification courses, skills-based courses, and Modern Project Manager Program:
- For groups
- For individuals
- On-site at place of work
- In-person at a Learning Tree Education Center
- Virtual or Hybrid
We offer a cutting-edge Modern Project Manager Program, as well as more than 50 instructor-led courses in project management.
Learning Tree Academy: Modern Project Manager Program
Our Modern Project Manager Program is a core program in the Learning Tree Academy, offering an expertly curated curriculum for emerging modern project managers to gain the necessary repertoire of knowledge, techniques, and people skills required for executing successful projects on time and on budget; motivating and managing stakeholders; and contributing to both business value and customer value. (Coming Soon)
The Modern Project Manager Program comprises:
- A curated combination of live instructor-led courses and on-demand courses
- Hands-on learning through immersive case study assignments
- Recommended reading
- Access to personal coaching from master practitioners
- Modern Project Manager Certificate upon program completion
Our 5 most popular project management courses are:
- Project Management Professional PMP Certification Training
- Introduction to Project Management Training
- Program Management Training
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification Training
- Risk Management Training for Projects, Programs, and Operations
For a full list of project management courses, visit: Project Management | Learning Tree
Meet a Few of Our Project Management Instructors
Learning Tree Instructor & Curriculum Dean
Learning Tree Instructor
Learning Tree Instructor
Project Management: News and Resources
Case Study: IT Project Management
Learn how the State of Tennessee IT Academy addressed a PM/BA talent shortage with standard methodologies and training.
Resource: Maintain Your Certification with PMI PDUs
Explore this document to find training that will support your certification renewal journey.
Blog: Where does Agile fit into Project Management?
In this article, retired VP of Lockheed Martin John Hogan discusses the new rules for project management and why the triple constraints no longer apply.