Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
Delivered when, where, and how you want it
Blended learning models
Expert team coaching
Enterprise Product Owner Training (ICP-EPO Certification)
- Duration: 2 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
How do we balance the holistic view of product value creation with enterprise value delivery? And how do we make sure we are building the right product at the right time for the enterprise?
This Enterprise Product Owner Training (ICP-EPO Certification) course is designed for senior Product Owners and Product Managers to extend their view of product ownership and management to the enterprise perspective. In this advanced Enterprise Product Owner program, you will analyze and understand the holistic value of an initiative in terms of customer value, enterprise value and strategic alignment.
You will learn how to identify and track enterprise-level value through the entire life of an initiative, applying this lens through the ideation, discovery, and delivery stages. In addition, you will be exposed to the tools and techniques that support the alignment of product management approaches with the enterprise's strategic vision. You will also learn how the product management team can work with other key enterprise decision makers to maximize the value of the delivery of an initiative and build shared understanding and consensus with your stakeholders.
Enterprise Product Owner Training Delivery Methods
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility
Enterprise Product Owner Training Information
In this Enterprise Product Owner Training (ICP-EPO Certification) course, you will learn how to:
- Construct a portfolio-level backlog understanding the construction and prioritization processes.
- Evaluate and articulate initiative alignment to enterprise strategy.
- Implement a variety of decision-making approaches that can be used in forming the portfolio backlog.
- Apply value-based thinking and negotiation skills.
- Articulate the various aspects of value (beyond monetary) essential to the enterprise decision-making frameworks.
- Prepare end-to-end value stream mapping for an Initiative.
- Use tools and techniques for ideation and discovery activities in an Initiative’s lifecycle.
Enterprise Product Owner Training Prerequisites
- You will need to have completed formal agile training such as Learning Tree course 918, Agile Fundamentals Training.
- You need to understand your organization’s product development processes and your organization’s project and portfolio management approaches. Additionally, you will need to understand basic stakeholder engagement and management approaches.
- Prior exposure to strategic decision making and enterprise risk management concepts would also be beneficial.
Enterprise Product Owner Training Certification Information
- Earn the ICAgile ICP-EPO certification.
Enterprise Product Owner Training Outline
- What is enterprise product ownership?
- The enterprise product management team
- Understanding vision and strategy
- Defining strategic outcomes
- Aligning customer value with enterprise strategy
- Defining enterprise value from multiple dimensions
- Modelling and mentoring value-based thinking
- Decision making for value optimization
- Articulating value propositions at the enterprise level
- Enterprise-wide initiative analysis
- Building for discovery versus building for delivery
- Tool and techniques for ideation and discovery activities in an Initiative’s lifecycle
- Analysis and evaluation approaches for Initiative feedback loops and metrics
- Evaluation tools for recommending prioritization, start/stop, pivoting, and sequencing of initiatives within the portfolio backlog
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Enterprise Product Owner Training
This certification was designed for product managers, portfolio managers, program managers, project managers, enterprise architects and product subject matter experts. In addition, auditors, sponsors, key stakeholders, financial decision makers, and risk managers that form part of the extended team supporting enterprise decision making activities can also benefit from this course.