In Class & Live, Online Training
Guaranteed to Run When you see the "Guaranteed to Run" icon next to a course event, you can rest assured that your course event — date, time, location — will run. Guaranteed.
Important Foundations of DevOps Course Information
- Prior to attending this course, attendees should have attended:
- Work experience in Agile software development
- Knowledge of system administration, and source code versioning
- Work experience as an DevOps Engineer, DevOps Manager, Tester, Hands-On Test Manager, or other roles that ensure the development cycle on software projects is achieved through optimized schedules, costs, and quality.
- While the course qualifies for an ICAgile certificate, the class is not written like an exam prep course. The material is designed for hands-on training in DevOps.
- Students will be emailed a short document to review before class. Understanding the content of this pre-course reading is required before class, so more in-class time can be devoted to implementing DevOps.
- This course exposes students to different tools employed by DevOps practitioners, including:
- Git for configuration management
- Maven for build automation
- Jenkins for continuous integration orchestration
- SonarQube for code analysis
- Docker for application containerization
Certification & Exam Information
- ICAgile: To obtain the ICAgile certification, students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Learning Tree customer service will process your registration with ICAgile once the exam has been passed., please allow 10 business days.
- View the ICAgile Certification & Training Roadmap ›
- Scrum Alliance: This course qualifies for the 3-day technical portion of the Certified Scrum Developer. To obtain Scrum Education Units (SEUs), students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with Scrum Alliance.
- This course can help you earn Scrum Alliance’s Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification. Click to view our options for CSD - Certified Scrum Developer Training ›
- This course can help you earn ICAgile certification. Click to view our options for ICAgile Certification Training ›
Foundations of DevOps Course Outline
Trends in DevOps
- Augmenting the benefits of Agile through DevOps
- Refining the definition of DevOps for better outcomes
- Asserting the core objectives of modern DevOps
- Establishing the core foundations of system thinking
- Enabling communication between development and operations
- Developing a Kaizen culture for continuous improvement
Roles in DevOps
- Growing collaborative teams
- Creating an automation culture
- Defining governance to balance agility and rigor
- Dealing with formal operation requirements
Scripting Configuration Management
- Keeping strict control through ubiquitous commits
- Designing infrastructure as code
- Enforcing controls through itemization
- Computerizing dependencies through configuration controls
- Leveraging tools for low-risk
Real-Time Feedback through Continuous Integration
Objectives and principles
- Developing rapid feedback loops through CI
- Aligning DevOps to the CI principles
Mastering CI practices
- Reducing risks through frequent commits
- Keeping the build healthy as a primary control of integrity
- Automating inspections and tests for better control
- Automating the build process for continuous feedback
Efficient Operations through Continuous Delivery
- Removing the complexity of deployment through software
- Delineating CI and CD to achieve complementary objectives
Principles of CD
- Creating a repeatable process for constant quality
- Automating end to end for hands-free operations
- Augmenting ROI through incremental improvements
Leveraging leading CD practices
- Reducing deployment time through single builds
- Ensuring consistency through a unified deployment process
- Organizing a deployment pipeline to optimize code to production time
- Gating code changes through code staging
- Reducing Risks with roll-back capabilities
- Adjusting the pipeline for on-premise, SaaS, and new deployment models
Ensuring Quality with Test Automation
DevOps involvement in Test Automation
- Ensuring the pipeline delivers on Test Automation benefits
- Influencing test automation practices through DevOps capabilities
Test types and defect management
- Automating the testing at multiple levels
- Automating test defect management for faster corrections
Optimizing Infrastructure Costs
- Using virtual environment to maximize efficiency
- Using the cloud to lower HW dependence
- Monitoring systems for high availability
- Dealing with database level upgrades
- Managing Test Data as a configuration Item
Foundations of DevOps Training FAQs
Who is the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile)?
ICAgile is one of the leading global agile accreditation and certification body. They help organizations design learning experiences that create an agile mindset and continue the agility within the organization.
How do I achieve Certification in Foundations of DevOps (ICP-FDO) from ICAgile?
Can I achieve Certification in Foundations of DevOps (ICP-FDO) online?
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available in class and live online.
How does this course help me towards ICAgile Certified Expert In DevOps (ICE-DO)?
What industry credits can I earn for this Foundation of DevOps course?
This course qualifies for the 3-day technical portion of the Certified Scrum Developer. To obtain Scrum Education Units (SEUs), students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with Scrum Alliance.