CONTRACT MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES AND PROJECT BUDGETING AND
ESTIMATING ARE ADDRESSED IN TWO NEW LEARNING TREE COURSES
RESTON, VA (April 23, 2009) Learning Tree International (NASDAQ NM: LTRE) has added two new courses to its Project Management curriculum. Entitled Contract Management Principles and Practices and Project Budgeting and Estimating: Taking Control of Your Projects respectively.
Learning Tree will begin presenting Contract Management Principles and Practices in the U.S. in May 2009 and in Canada and London, England in July 2009. Learning Tree will begin presenting Project Budgeting and Estimating: Taking Control of Your Projects in North America in June 2009 and in London, England in August 2009.
For further information and the latest course dates and locations, call 1-888-THE-TREE (1-888-843-8733) or visit www.learningtree.com.
Over three days, participants in Contract Management Principles and Practices will learn to:
- Apply effective contracting strategies and techniques to maximize results and minimize risk
- Manage an effective contract life cycle
- Identify strategies and tactics to select the most qualified vendors
- Orchestrate the negotiation process for “win-win” outcomes
- Employ best practices for contract administration and execution
Over three days, participants in Project Budgeting and Estimating: Taking Control of Your Projects will learn to:
- Create an accurate budget for any level of work from individual project tasks to entire portfolios
- Estimate tasks using activity-based costing, and aggregate to project budgets
- Quantify risk to justify contingency funding and produce a defensible baseline
- Manage the program budget, allocating funds to the projects with the best rate of return
- Align the organization's budget with the customer value proposition and strategic objectives
“The introduction of these two courses further underscores Learning Tree's commitment to provide effective management training in those areas which will have the most positive impact for our attendees' organizations,” said Jennifer Urick, Vice President of Product Development for Learning Tree International.
Contract Management Principles and Practices is valuable for project managers, contract managers and other professionals involved in the contract management life cycle. Project Budgeting and Estimating: Taking Control of Your Projects is valuable for project, program and department managers new to budget estimation or who require a refresher, program managers needing to make high-level strategic decisions regarding project funding, small business owners needing to make high-level budget estimates to determine strategic direction and individual contributors who need to estimate their own piece of a project, program or department budget.
Contract Management Principles and Practices and Project Budgeting and Estimating: Taking Control of Your Projects augment existing Learning Tree courses, including the following:
- Project Scheduling: Controlling the Project Timeline
- Project Management: Skills for Success
- Strategic Project Management: Achieving Organizational Goals
- Strategic Planning for Organizational Success
About Learning Tree International
Learning Tree International is a leading global provider of highly effective, hands-on training to information technology professionals and managers. Since 1974, over 65,000 organizations have relied on Learning Tree to enhance the professional skills of more than 2.1 million employees. Learning Tree develops, markets and delivers a broad, proprietary library of instructor-led courses focused on web development; IT security; project management; operating systems; databases; networking; software development; and leadership, management and business skills. Courses are presented globally at Learning Tree Education Centers, on-site at client facilities, and can be attended via Learning Tree AnyWare™, the Company’s proprietary technology that connects participants via the web to the actual classroom, from their workplace or home. For more information about our products and services, call 1-888-THE-TREE (1-888-843-8733), visit www.learningtree.com, follow @LearningTree on Twitter or visit Learning Tree International's Facebook fan page.
Learning Tree International
Phone: (703) 925-5590
You can also request an investor information packet here »